Friday 13 September 2013

Single Confessions #1

I don't like to write about romance on this blog for many reasons. I find romance and relationships to be a highly personal subject that I don't think should everyone should be privy to. I am a very private person and I would prefer for people to see me as a blank slate. But since nobody reads this blog - except me, give or take, I think it will be okay making some confessions about being single that I don't think many people know about me.

1. I've considered religious vocation. I think a life without a purpose is not a life worth living. That being said, I've also considered the possibility that I might not get married - and I take that possibility very seriously. If I don't get married in the distant future, I do not want to live my life as someone who just makes money and doesn't have anyone to share that wealth with. I will not by choice have a child before marriage. I know that religious life is a vocation - something that I have to be called to do. I am a Catholic and I have met some Sisters who happen to be Facebook friends. But I am discerning being a Sister or a Nun, and I take my discernment very seriously.

I think the reason why I feel so confident writing about my 'single confessions' now is because I'm comfortable with where I am. I take love very seriously, and I would never enter a relationship unless I saw it as being long-term. I do feel very complete as a person, but I am open to what the world has to offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment