Monday 16 September 2013

Seeing Familiar Faces Again...


                                         I made this video three years ago, so...yeah.

So, over the past few weeks, I've been seeing familiar people at unexpected times and places. And it has been...interesting. For the most part, I've really enjoyed running into old friends and acquaintances that I really hadn't spoken to in a while (a.k.a since first year) and that has been so great. Most of my friends look the same, so it's like reminiscing to old memories. They're moving forward with their lives and accomplishing things, and I couldn't be more happy for and proud of them. It just feels good to talk to old friends, because they get you and they like you.

Then, there are those people who you've been in a class with (or something) but you've never - or barely - spoken to, who you happen to see again at another class or event. It's interesting because you kind of know them because you shared a mutual class, but you don't really know them, so you're not sure whether to greet them or not. With these people, they usually answer your question by not looking at you/acknowledging you, so you kind of get the hint. Those can be awkward encounters. They may be ignoring you because they either don't remember you, they're shy, or they don't want to remember you. You were really just a stranger to them.  

Lastly, there are people whose faces you recognize but you don't remember where you recognize their face from. They are people who might even go up to you to strike a conversation but you end up leaving it thinking, "Who is that girl again?" or "Where did I meet him...?" Their faces look so familiar to you, but you don't remember their names, or when first you met them, or if you were really friends with them.

I am the type of person who always believes there's a reason why I'm seeing this or that person again. But, honestly, for most of the people (if not all of them) I have no idea why I encounter them again. Some may have been good friends, but most of them are random individuals who really - to be honest - don't mean much to me anymore. There was a reason why I didn't become close to them back then, so why do I have to go through being around them or seeing them again? Maybe I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment