Monday 2 September 2013

Repeated Mistakes

I've always tried to be the person to not let things get to me. But sometimes, I can't control it. The pent-up feelings of resentment, hurt, and anger can be consuming and it's so easy for me to lose my composure after so much effort of trying to remain calm.

I'm the kind of person who gets embarrassed easily, and who also tends to make the same mistakes, over and over again. I can't help it, and sometimes I can't help the circumstances I put myself in. Because I look so innocent and docile, many people try to take advantage of it - take advantage of me - and regardless of the outcome I feel the same, disappointed. Even when I stand up for myself. Even when I let it go. And the common denominator here is me. I find myself in the same situations.

What I find is the best remedy for life and for uncontrollable situations (uncontrollable emotions, feelings, actions) is to embrace all the negative feelings and wait for the next day to arrive. Because by the next day you have a new start to feel however you want and to act however you'd like.

Anger and sadness are often two sides of the same coin. And when you feel those emotions, they may linger for a day, but they don't last much longer. It's hard to make yourself think about the next day when you feel wronged and disappointed today. But really, the next day is the remedy. It's what we must always strive to look forward to.

Today you may be easily upset by some tiny mistakes, but the next day those tiny mistakes won't mean anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment