Wednesday 12 June 2013

Feeling Accepted

I think that people do you a huge favor when they reject you. It never feels good to be rejected, or let down, or put down. But it definitely lets you know that these people don't accept you or think you're good enough for whatever you applied for (job, volunteer, friendship, relationship) and in the long run; it's a great thing to know.

I'd been rejected by many people for many things, but what I got out of it is to - no matter what - take it in good stride. I would at first feel hurt, but after a moment of rationalizing, I would accept it, reach out (if possible) and then thank them for at least informing me. Because you never know, even if they are not be the right fit they might know someone else that is. There's always an upside and I always try to keep in positive spirits.

When I am accepted by someone, I know they appreciate me and what I offer because they can see my potential. It feels good when people genuinely like you, trust you, and have faith in your abilities. I never fully give up on what I truly believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment